If you are going to prep for Zombies, it's time to make some New Years resolutions.
|Photo by Joe Mabel [CC BY-SA 3.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0) or GFDL (http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html)], via Wikimedia Commons|
1. This year, I'm always going to have food in the house. Those with an extra few days, weeks, months, or years of food in the pantry don't have to go foraging among the zombies during a disaster.
2. This year, I'm going to keep a healthy stockpile of water on hand.
If you think you need food, you'll really need water. Without water, you won't get skinny; you'll die within a few days.
3. This year, I'll have a weapon ready. When the zombies come, you'll need some way to defend your home. Whether it's a bat, a gat, or a bow or a boar spear, or a big ass knife, you need something.
4. This year, I'll keep extra blankets on hand. Zombies have a nasty habit of turning out the lights. Without electricity, you'll need to keep warm somehow. That's where extra blankets or a subzero sleeping bag come in. A good cold-weather sleeping bag can help you avoid hypothermia if you have to sleep outdoors or face a winter without electricity.
5. This year, I'll make sure I have a working Radio and Batteries. Somewhere out there in the midst of a zombie apocalypse is a voice. That voice will tell you where to find safety. But, you won't hear it unless you have a radio and batteries.
This list of Zombie prepper resolutions could go on and on, but five is a good start. What are your resolutions?